The best laid moving plans often go to waste. One thing you can bank on is the professionalism of Atmosphere Movers to get the job done quickly and efficiently. But you alone hold the key to making sure that absolutely nothing is left behind.
Here is a list of the Top 5 forgotten items during a move:
5) Plants. Most live items are prohibited from being placed onto the moving truck–even plants. People sometimes forget plants because they blend into the landscape and may have been there for so long that you don’t even “see” them. Hanging plants are a big item that is often left behind, along with larger plants in planters.
4) Tools and Appliances. Sure, it sounds impossible to forget something so large, but often times these items are stored outside and are tucked away. A weed whacker that is hanging in the back of the shed is a commonly forgotten tool, or even a post-hole digger that you keep leaning against a fence in the corner of the yard. Do a thorough check before leaving.
3) Garage Door Openers. You might be halfway to your new destination before you realize that the “clicker” is still stuck to your visor. This one is especially important for people making long distance moves. Save yourself the trouble of having to ship it back to your previous address. Make sure you leave it behind.
2) Keys. Extra sets of keys, spare keys, and just plain keys in general are easy to forget. In this case it is more like “forgetting to leave them on purpose.” The new homeowner is most likely going to change the locks, but in the case of a rental property or apartment, you could end up paying fees if you fail to turn them in.
1) Clean or Repaired. If you are a regular at the local cleaner, it may be possible to leave behind a batch of clothes. Imagine how frustrating it would be to have to make the trek all the way back to your old neighborhood to get your clothing back from the cleaner.
We would love to do your next move in the Louisiana Slidell area. Get your FREE quote (866) 7MOVE-ME / (866) 766-8363 or email Info@AtmosphereMovers.com.