School ends this week all over our area and summer is getting ready to be kicked into full gear! Are you ready? Here are ten ideas to have some backyard summer fun!
1. Backyard Movies! Make your own backyard movie theater and have a movie night under the stars! You can even invite friends and have a party like Hello Paper Moon did. Best part, her movie screen only cost $30!
2. There is nothing better than roasted marshmallows over an open fire! Make your own fire-pit this summer so you and your family can enjoy that outdoor camping fun from your own home!
3. Water your garden and let the kids have some water fun at the same time with this awesome sprinkler made from PVC pipes!
4. Need a space to store yard tools that won’t take up the whole yard? Check out this DIY garden shed made from old doors and windows! One word: CUTE!
5. Organize outdoor toys with a wire shelf, some plastic tubs and chalkboard labels! Perfect for keeping garden tools and toys picked up and neat!
6. Tired of your hose just lying around on the ground? Hide it in a galvanized steel bucket like Life In A Red FarmHouse did!
7. Let the kids and the adults express themselves with an outdoor chalkboard!
8. Make your fence pretty by growing flowers in painted tin cans! This would even work for a small herb garden and it’s perfect for small spaces!
9. Personalize your garden and yard by making your own concrete stepping-stones!
10. Your kids want a trampoline but you don’t want the safety issues that come with one? Create a sunken trampoline, which eliminates the dangers of falling off! Not only can children jump the day away, they can also do one of these 50 activities like turning the trampoline into a chalkboard!
Whatever you do, get outside and enjoy your yard and family this summer!