For over 20 years Atmosphere Movers has been moving local families. We’ve learned a bit along the way and here are some our tips to help you save money and reduce the stress during your next local move.
1. Move the small stuff yourself: see if you can get the keys to your new house a few days before the big moving day. Start moving clothes, small boxes and other small furniture yourself with the help of friends and family.
2. Hire a local moving company: to move big things such as heavy furniture and appliances think about hiring a moving company. You should hire a moving company 4-6 weeks before the big moving day. Call (866) 7MOVE-ME / (866) 766-8363, email Info@AtmosphereMovers.com, or fill out this form for a FREE quote from Atmosphere Movers!
3. Get a sitter: if you have small children, it will be safer to leave them with sitter or family for the day while everything is being moved.
4. Talk to your vet: about kennel recommendations or places to board your pets. Your fur-babies will thank you for finding them a safe spot away from the chaos as you move into your new house.
5. Dont’ forget your utlities: this should be a given, but you don’t want to get to your new home and realized you forgot to notify the cable company or worse the electric company of your move. Call all your utility companies at least two weeks before you move to notify them and to cut off service at your old house and set up service at your new one.
6. Change your address: not only with the post office, but also schools, doctors offices, payroll, the OMV and voters registration. Remember you should change your address with USPS 7-10 days before your move and that you have 10 days from the time you move to change the address on your drivers license.
We hope these tips help make your moving day a wonderful stress free experience!