Sometimes a great tune can change the mood — even when it comes to placing all of your belongings into large, brown, cardboard boxes! Moving can be a time of reflection, and even a little scary, but with the right playlist, you can keep everyone feeling chipper. Packing music that won’t drive you nuts, but will keep you motivated is an essential part of surviving a move.
Most human beings thrive on order and balance. The process of relocating throws all of that into a tizzy. But even scientists agree that brain activity can be affected by music, so let’s make it count.
Here is a simple playlist of ten tracks that make the most perfect packing music.
1) Turn! Turn! Turn! (to Everything There Is a Season) written by Pete Seeger, covered by The Byrds
2) California Dreamin’ by The Mamas & The Papas
3) Twist and Shout as covered by The Beatles
4) Jump by Van Halen
5) Boys Of Summer by Don Henley
6) Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
7) Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix
8) Bad to The Bone by George Thorogood
9) Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
10) Don’t Stop Believin‘ by Journey