Any moving company in New Orleans, LA worth it’s salt will not come up with a moving cost estimate without first visiting your home and conducting a pre-move survey. This usually involves the company sending over a representative to view your belongings and estimate their weight and how much space they are likely to take in the truck. The survey is done under no obligation though it’s highly recommended. During the visit, you will discuss the procedures and policies of the moving company as well as moving timelines. The company will then develop an individualized moving plan for every phase of your move.
Where Your Money Goes
Your moving costs will be determined by whether you are moving in-state or outside your state. If you are moving within your state, here are a few points to bear in mind:
1. Local moving costs generally depend on your exact location in your state or city.
2. Local movers generally charge an hourly rate regardless of the type of activity. This means that the rate essentially remains unchanged whether the activity in question involves packing, loading the vehicle, unpacking and so on.
3. Your New Orleans LA mover will then add a travel fee that covers fuel expenses and moving time.
For cross country moves, New Orleans moving companies generally charge based on average moving cost per mile and pound. If you are moving to another state, your costs will depend on:
1. Distance. The longer the moving distance, the higher the moving cost.
2. Shipment weight. The heavier your belongings, the more expensive the moving costs are bound to be. You can save a fair amount of money by selling your unused items and only move what you need.
3. Additional services. A reputable moving company in New Orleans will include an extra fee for additional services that come with moving; including packing, unpacking, furniture assembly/re-assembly and so on. These services depend on the requests that you make to the moving company. You should, therefore, enlist the moving company for all the services you will need during the cost estimation process so that everything is included in your quote.
Depending on the moving company, you might want to reward the movers with a tip when the job is complete. Be sure to include any tips in your moving budget. It’s also important to make prior arrangements with the moving company regarding how you will pay for the move. Many moving companies in New Orleans only accept certified checks, cashier checks, and credit cards but no personal checks.
New Orleans LA movers have different ways of calculating moving charges. Just talk to the company rep during the survey process to gain a clear picture of how the company determines your moving cost.
If you reside in the St. Tammany Parish area and are looking for ethical packers and movers, then look no further than Atmosphere Movers. We are native to the Mandeville, Louisiana area and pride ourselves for having built our business over the past two decades mainly on referrals and repeat business from our happy and satisfied clients.
Atmosphere Movers helps both residential and commercial movers. We have a top-notch and well-trained team that will treat all your belongings with the utmost care and respect. We strongly believe that a moving company should be ethical, honest, and professional, and that’s exactly what you get from us. We serve not only the St. Tammany Parish area but the entire Louisiana area as well. If you are moving around the Northshore or Greater New Orleans area, Atmosphere Movers would love to be of great service to you! Get your FREE quote by calling us at (866) 7MOVE-ME / (866) 766-8363 or email info@AtmosphereMovers.com