If you are moving to the New Orleans area, then you will find that Mardi Gras is a way of life, not just a parade. In order to prepare you for this new experience, we are sharing some decorations that show just how much fun, and just how big of a deal this is. Once you’ve relocated to the area, we hope you will share your own experiences with us!
Here comes Mardi Gras!!
Mardi Gras is just under three weeks away, parades are in full swing on the Northshore and start this weekend in Metairie. Most houses are covered in purple, green and gold. If yours isn’t, don’t worry, you still have time to show your carnival spirit. We searched and found 10 of our favorite Mardi Gras decorations from around the web!
Top 10 Mardi Gras Decorations:
1. Who doesn’t like free? Mardi Gras Outlet has a great printable banner for you to create!
2. Turn your Christmas Tree into a Mardi Gras Tree like this one.
3. If you don’t want a big tree, you can make little ones like these from Crafts ‘n Coffee
4. Decorate your mail box with some deco mesh and beads!
5. Download this free subway art printable and frame it with a pretty Mardi Gras theme frame!
6. A mirror, vase, some beads and a sparkly mask make a great centerpiece for your table!
7. Sew In Love created this awesome wreath with Mardi Gras beads!
8. Deep Fried Kudzu used feather boas to make their wreath!
9. Another great use for all those beads in your garage or attic – a bead chandelier from Dollar Store Crafts.
10. Give your front door some Mardi Gras love with these ideas from Mardi Gras Outlet.
Need more Mardi Gras decorating inspiration? Be sure to check out our Mardi Gras Pinterest Board!
Moving to or around Baton Rouge or New Orleans? Atmosphere Movers would love to be your moving company. Call (866) 7MOVE-ME / (866) 766-8363, email Info@AtmosphereMovers.com, or fill out this form for a FREE quote and more information.