When most people think about movers, it’s because they are moving from one house to another. However, businesses move sometimes and it can be very stressful and time consuming. Here are five tips that will help make moving your office more efficient.
1. Start early! Experts suggest you put a team together and start planning your office move 9-18 months in advance.
2. Clean, sort and purge! Take this opportunity to clean out your files. Scan and make digital copies of things you know longer need a hard copy of anymore. Securely get rid of files you no longer need. Look at contracts to see what services you may be able to eliminate. Update storage and furniture.
3. Making a plan is essential to getting the move done efficiently. Some questions to ask yourself:
- Why are you moving?
- What is your budget?
- Where are you moving?
- What does the new office space look like?
- How much space do we need?
- Where will we put all of our employees and furniture?
4. Seek legal advice before signing any leases or contracts. This one is important, you don’t want to keep stuck in a lease or a contract that isn’t legal or will hurt your business.
5. Get help! Form a committee of employees that includes senior management and have them work together on the moving plan. You can also hire help. We have helped businesses move all over the New Orleans and Baton Rouge area, and we know the requirements of most of the major office buildings like Benson Towers. Not only can we move your office, we can help you make a plan for your new office. Call us at (866) 7MOVE-ME / (866) 766-8363, email Info@AtmosphereMovers.com, or fill out this form for a FREE quote and more information.