We talk a lot about making a do not pack box for children. It’s a way to keep their favorite and needed things with them during a move. What about a do not pack box for adults? We need things and we need some comfort objects after a stressful day of moving. Here’s a great list of items to put in your do not pack box.
1. Chargers – phone, computer, iPad or anything you think you may need charged to keep you entertained and in touch with the world.
3. Linens and pillows
4. A change of clothes and shoes, the more comfortable the better!
5. Toiletries such as shampoos, soaps, toothpaste, make up. We suggest enough for a three day trip.
6. Pet Food, you just need enough for a day or two. You may also want to put an extra leash in the box.
7. A manual can opener, because nothing sucks more than wanting to open a can of food when you’re hungry and having nothing to open it with.
8. Your favorite snacks
9. A candle or favorite pictures that will make the place feel like home.
10. Medications – prescription and OTC ones like Tylenol, Benadryl etc.
11. A first aid kit because accidents happen!
12. Disposable plates, cups, silverware along with napkins, paper towels and toilet paper.
13. Cleaning wipes, so you can wipe surfaces!
14. Hand wipes such as Wet Ones, for cleaning yucky hands on the go.
With these essitenals items in your do not pack box, your first night in your new home will be a wonderful experience!
Moving in or around Baton Rouge, call (866) 7MOVE-ME / (866) 766-8363, email Info@AtmosphereMovers.com, or fill out this form for a FREE quote from Atmosphere Movers!