When getting ready for a move, there is no doubt you will find extra stuff lying around that you probably do not want at your new house. Yard sales are extra stress for you when you are already moving your life, but may help offset some costs and prevent extra moving costs. Here are a few things to consider regarding unwanted items:
- Plan a date for a yard sale, well in advance of your move.
- If you have a storage unit, start diving into it!
- Go visit the dreaded attic or basement messes and think to yourself how that will help beautify your new living space.
- Invite your friends, who you may moving away from, to help or join you by making the sale bigger.
- Throw a little going away party for yourself after the yard sale with your neighbors.
- Donating versus yard sales is always a good option and less of a hassle. Get your receipt.
- Plan for pickup of items not sold immediately after your yard sale.
- Do not get rid of too many home decor items if you are moving to a bigger space.
- If you have no time to sort through items before the move and you do not have to pay out of your pocket for moving items, a yard sale on the other end is a great way to meet new neighbors.